An intro to transforming your final mix into a properly loud, listenable track.
In the Mix has a series of videos on mixing and, in this case, mastering. The first looks at How to Master Your Music in 5 Simple Steps:
Ts the follow-up, Mastering Start To Finish: A Step by Step Guide to Loud and Clear Masters, even offers a part of the mix for you to download and try yourself:
One more, going into more detail specifically in respond to the question, How Loud Should You Master Your Music?:
Before mastering, of course, is mixing – here’s a collection of tutorials and explainers from In the Mix and others on how to approach and finalise your mix:
- Audio School: Saturation Add this powerful technique to your mixing toolkit.
- Audio School: Loudness, Normalized How to manage the loudness of the audio in your video project.
- Audio School: Loudness, Explained How to understand, measure, and even out the sound in your video project.
- Audio School: Compression A roundup of video tutorials.
- Audio School: Synthesis, from Fundamentals to Advanced Learn synthesizer sound design, from basic to advanced, with these two tutorials.
- Audio School: Recreate Environmental Sounds Using Synthesis A master class in how everything we hear is made of soundwaves - and how you can modify them to echo the world.
- Film School: Silence, Room Tone, and Ambient Sound How the sound of "nothing" can say everything.
- Film School: AI in Film-Making (That’s Actually Helpful) in 2023 Until AI replaces us all, here are tools that can be helpful to human creators.