Stuck at home and looking for a video challenge? Let’s hit TikTok for inspiration…
You can simply raid your wardrobe and devise some in-camera transitions:
Freeze-frame the edits to see how cleverly they’re masked – the devil is in the details:
Writing – and planning – is everything:
… and editing is everything else:
Pass-the-parcel between other creators with some exquisite corpse editing:
If your brain works this way, you can make planning and editing into production choreography:
Got a couple of wardrobe options and a green screen? Place yourself opposite some random-ass TikTok dancers:
… or, if not, simply switch up your lighting:
And if you can figure out how this was done, get at me:
You can find a roundup of roundups – shooting, lighting, editing, and VFX isolation challenges – right here:
- Film School: Product Videos with Austen Paul Tips for creating product videos which look CGI-slick, but are mostly made with in-camera techniques and careful pre-planning.
- Film School: Ways To Shoot A Commercial, At Home Insightful, inspiring tutorials - and a challenge to create your own product advertisement.
- Film School: Filming Alone Since long before lockdowns, quarantines and isolation, film-makers have had to be as independent as imaginable. Here's a roundup of tutorials to show you how.
- Isolation Challenges: Star Wars A guide to recreating space battles from 'Star Wars' - at home, and with no CGI.
- Film School: Self-Filmed Sci-Fi Short, ‘The Volunteer’ A short film shot by and starring only one person - and a detailed look at how it was done.
- Film School: One Filmmaker’s Process Across Three Genres Danny Gevirtz shares his process on three projects: a mini doc, a music video, and a solo narrative.
- Isolation Challenges: Filming Things A collection of tips and tricks for filming objects in isolation.
- Film School: Isolation Challenges Stuck at home, but still want to make movies? Here are some ideas for shooting, editing and VFX on your own.