Michel Gondry | The Science of Sleep
Watch the full-length documentary about the director and his mind-bending work.
I’ve Been Twelve Forever is a documentary which, depending on your DVD zone (remember those?), was included in The Works of Michel Gondry (2003), a collection of director Michel Gondry‘s music videos to that time. It offers a look at the unique mind – and practical effects – behind his incredible work (via Partizan):
A bunch of behind-the-scenes, video essays and notes on one of Gondry’s feature films, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004):
Years later, Gondry and Eternal Sunshine… star Jim Carrey reteam for Showtime series Kidding, which contains its own surreal production design and an astonishing single take:
- Film School: The Making of ‘Star Guitar’ (2002) How mind-bending visuals can begin with pen, paper, brooms and oranges.
- Film School: One Filmmaker’s Process Across Three Genres Danny Gevirtz shares his process on three projects: a mini doc, a music video, and a solo narrative.
- Film School: How to Make a Documentary (with Mark Bone) A behind-the-scenes look at making a documentary - and how to approach crafting your own.
- Film School: Colour in ‘Euphoria’ "Sometimes, in order to get to the deepest emotional depths of a character, capturing a feeling, rather than reality, is more important."
- Film School: Forced Perspective The classic in-camera effect to trick the audience's eye.
- Film School: Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) Or: How to make a $14.3 million film look like a blockbuster.
- Film School: The Insert Shot The dramatic peak of a dialogue scene is often a close-up... of an object.
- Film School: Ways To Shoot A Commercial, At Home Insightful, inspiring tutorials - and a challenge to create your own product advertisement.