'6 Basic Camera Settings You Need To Know' - In Depth Cine
An intro to technical basics, to capture the best possible image.
DP In Depth Cine explains the exposure triangle (aperture, shutter speed, and ISO)…
… then on the further technical and creative possibilities which can be explored via six basic camera settings which control exposure, colour, and motion:
With the basic concepts introduced, Full Time Filmmaker takes you through how to master your camera in 10 minutes:
From Aperture to Zoom, photographylife offers the A-Z of 50 Photography Terms You Need to Know:
Beyond the exposure triangle, the next camera setting is the white balance – which means consideration of colour temperature:
Explore more advanced camera assist tools to help nail exposure with even greater accuracy:
- Film School: Goodbye Green Screen, Hello ‘The Volume’ A look at the virtual set used in 'The Mandalorian'.
- Film School: Digital Cinema Camera Workflow An overview of how major movies are shot on digital cameras, from camera setup to final export.
- Film School: Camera Movement Handy guides to knowing how, when, and most importantly why, to move the camera.
- Film School: Practical Lighting Placing light sources within shots - and how it can improve them.
- Film School: Who’s Who of Cinema Lenses An overview of the glass through which commercial feature films are captured.
- Film School: Working with Natural Light A roundup of tutorials about working with only natural or available light.
- Audio School: Capturing Cleaner Audio Tips and tricks as useful for those just starting out, as for those who want to improve their process.
- Film School: Colour in ‘Euphoria’ "Sometimes, in order to get to the deepest emotional depths of a character, capturing a feeling, rather than reality, is more important."