Image source: Ariana Grande, The Weeknd - "Love Me Harder" in Tom Santos - "Ultimate Guide to Anamorphic Video & Lenses"
The widescreen “look”: its how and why, on any budget.
Tom Antos’ comprehensive guide covers the spectrum from $1 hacks to $30,000 lenses used on the biggest budget Hollywood features. You’ll never simply overlay or add a letterbox in post ever again…
For an even deeper dive, Tom recommends checking out the Ultimate Anamorphic Lens Test.
- Film School: Shooting Day for Night The classic film-making technique for capturing nighttime exteriors - using daylight.
- Film School: Colour in ‘Euphoria’ "Sometimes, in order to get to the deepest emotional depths of a character, capturing a feeling, rather than reality, is more important."
- Film School: The Cinematography of Roger Deakins A collection of videos on the cinematography of Roger Deakins.
- Film School: Silence, Room Tone, and Ambient Sound How the sound of "nothing" can say everything.
- Film School: ‘The Plan’ Montage in ‘Shaun of the Dead’ (2004) A case study in thrilling, visual storytelling.
- Film School: the Dangers of Production "When people rush or get tired on set, bad things happen."
- Film School: Colour In Film with Lawrence Sher Cinematographer of 'Joker', 'The Hangover', and 'Garden State' gives a masterclass accessible to beginners - in 15 minutes.
- Film School: Forced Perspective The classic in-camera effect to trick the audience's eye.