A collection of video tributes to the Maestro, Pedro Almodóvar.
Jorge Luengo Ruiz is obsessed with the details in the films of director Pedro Almodóvar. His series of loving supercuts collects sights, sounds, and motifs across the director’s filmography.
Pedro Almodóvar’s Obsessions (I): Red Color:
Pedro Almodóvar’s Obsessions (II): Circles:
Pedro Almodóvar’s Obsessions (III): Art:
Pedro Almodóvar’s Obsessions (IV): Books:
- Film School: Colour in Film A collection of video essays exploring ways colour is used in visual storytelling.
- Film School: Color Palette Cinema A wonderful way to watch, and learn from, movies.
- Film School: Centre-Framing in Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) Weaponising composition, colour, and editing to create story.
- Film School: Colour In Film with Lawrence Sher Cinematographer of 'Joker', 'The Hangover', and 'Garden State' gives a masterclass accessible to beginners - in 15 minutes.
- Film School: The Insert Shot The dramatic peak of a dialogue scene is often a close-up... of an object.
- Film School: Colour in ‘Euphoria’ "Sometimes, in order to get to the deepest emotional depths of a character, capturing a feeling, rather than reality, is more important."
- Film School: Sound Supercuts A collection of collections, showcasing the sound design of feature films.
- Film School: Sound Design in Kubrick’s Films Phones, chuckles and plastic wheels on various surfaces all conspire to create powerful mood.